The History of HFRAACA
The Fredericksburg Antique Auto Club was formed on August 28, 1957, by a small group of people with the same interest. At this meeting the club was established and regulations were set up using the Roberts Rules as a guideline. It was decided that the club would meet on the third Tuesday of each month, which holds true yet today. These eleven members, Earl Broyles, Massie Carter, T.P. Johnson, Landon Martin, Thomas McMichael, John Olive, T.R. Passagaluppi, Lloyd Scott, Calvin Scott, Aubrey Snellings, and Whitfield Williams, began expanding the club with new members.
In 1959, Jim Ladd, who was the guest speaker at their Christmas meeting, introduced the club to the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) and suggested that the club become a region of the AACA. At the January 1960 meeting, it was voted to become a region, so the new name for the club became "The Historic Fredericksburg Region Antique Automobile Club of America".
Since that time, the club has gone through a lot of transitions, however, our motto has remained the same:
"To promote friendship of people interested in antique autos, to promote public interest and support, and to assist or benefit members of the club in all phases of antique automobile restoration and operation."
In 1996, Historic Fredericksburg Region AACA became a founding sponsor (#82) OF THE AACA Museum, Inc.
On June 21, 1996, Historic Fredericksburg Region AACA was incorporated to
"The Historic Fredericksburg Region Antique Automobile Club of America, Inc."
New to HFRAACA - our club historian, Doug Makin, is scanning the past newsletters so that we can put them online for everyone to see. The first six from 1958 are available now.